Friday, July 11, 2008

Go ahead -- call me an @$$ hole one more time...

Saw a great film whilst on vacation -- Hancock -- starring Will Smith.

Love, love, LOVED it!

Now, I should preface this by saying that I am definitely pre-disposed to enjoy movies in the 'superhero' genre -- with Superman always being a perennial favorite.

But what I liked most about Hancock was that Will Smith's character was really an "anti-superhero" -- he hated his abilities and seemed to go out of his way to annoy the people he was rescuing...along with destroying their personal property!

But it all changes when he saves the life of a Public Relations pro -- who then decides to help Hancock change his image.

Having been a PR pro myself in a past life, the idea of a superhero teaming up with someone like me had real appeal.

There are also several big twists and turns in the film -- the biggest of which I never, ever saw coming -- and I LOVE that sort of movie!

So, go go go!

Now I can't WAIT for The Dark Knight -- Hancock just whetted my appetite!

No comments: